Complaints and Disciplinary Procedures
All Accredited Building Surveyors or their employers must maintain a Complaints Register, and have a detailed process for dealing with complaints received.
Complaints against members received by the Building Officials Institute of New Zealand
- The Chief Executive will determine whether the complaint received can be immediately addressed or required to go through a formal complaints process.
- If it is a formal complaint, the Accredited Building Surveyor will be contacted to supply a written response.
- The Board has discretion to expel a member of the Institute for a good and sufficient reason.
- Should a complainant, or other involved party be taking, or indicate they are, or the dispute be already residing within legal jurisdiction, the Institute will not investigate until such time as a judicial decision has been reached.
- Contact email@example.com