450 Tristram Street
PH: 07 838 1010
ADV005: Difficult to Consent
The Difficult to Consent course is a structured workshop session aimed to challenge one's own interpretations of regulatory requirements, and encourage open discussion but under rigid course programme for the day. It provides an understanding of the 'Regulatory Triangle' and the interrelationship between Building Act, Building Code, 'must accept' (read 'acceptable') and alternative solutions, and MBIE guidance and determinations. What is deemed a building in the first instance will guide further discussion on New Zealand's regulatory system and how to apply it beyond the normal bounds of typical residential, commercial, and industrial construction. Consideration of boats, vehicles, yurts, and shipping containers, as well as off-site and off-shore prefabrication, modular construction, and transportable buildings construction methodology that challenges our traditionally accepted compliance pathway, all form part of this challenging one day course.
- Overview of the Building Regulatory System
- The NZ Building Act and Building Code
- Understanding of what is or is not a building and/or building work
- How to use 'must accept' and alternative solutions within the Building Regulatory Framework
- Case Studies including vehicles, boats, marquees, yurts, off-site and off-shore construction, and transportable buildings
When registering for events:
- Physical attendance at ALL BOINZ events requires evidence of your vaccination pass to trainers on the day.
- If you want to register several people or somebody else, other than yourself, for an event, simply click on the "Click here to register on behalf of others or several people for this event" link. You will then be walked through how to complete the registration/s.
- If you are simply registering yourself and have logged in to your own profile "Click here to register yourself (only) for this event" link.
- If you have any queries about the registration process, please feel free to contact the Training Academy's Education and Training Manager on 04 473 6003.