Online Training Academy Terms & Conditions
- All Building Officials Institute of New Zealand (BOINZ) online courses are offered on a non-credit basis, unless clearly specified in the course's description.
- These courses are open to the general public, however, participants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Course duration is effective from the later of:
- the date that the participant receives access to the e-learning materials (course materials); and
- the date upon which BOINZ receives and processes the participant's payment for the course fees in full.
- When registering for a course, the participant warrants to BOINZ that all information provided is complete and accurate.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- The participant's registration for any online course and or training with BOINZ constitutes acceptance by the participant of these terms and conditions.
- BOINZ reserves the right, at any time, to modify, alter, or update these terms and conditions without prior notice. Modifications, alterations or updates shall become effective immediately upon the participant being informed of these modifications, alterations or updates. A participant's continued engagement with BOINZ after modifications, alterations or updates are notified constitutes an acknowledgement and acceptance of the modifications, alterations or updates.
- Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
- Payment must be made via credit card through the BOINZ Online Training Academy website unless otherwise agreed between BOINZ and the participant. There is a 2.5% surcharge to payments made using a credit card. All fees are billed in New Zealand dollars.
- The participant accepts that he/she is required to pay the full amount of the course fees even if he/she does not complete the course.
- BOINZ does not provide refunds if a participant changes its mind about participating in the course.
- If participants wish to withdraw from a course they are able to transfer their fees within 7 days of payment to another available online course of the same price.
- All course transfers will incur a $65.00 (ex. GST) administration fee.
- Course transfers are not applicable as soon as the participant accesses the course materials.
- BOINZ will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the course as outlined on the website.
- BOINZ reserves the right to make reasonable amendments and updates to the content and syllabus of a course when necessary.
- BOINZ online courses are intensive, and the suggested duration of the course is to be used as an indication of the amount of time required to complete the course.
- To ensure participants can successfully participate in BOINZ online courses, participants should review the performance of their technology.
Copyright & prohibition on plagiarism of course materials
- The participant acknowledges that copyright in all of the course materials is owned by BOINZ, agrees not to contest such ownership, and agrees to provide written confirmation of its acknowledgement of BOINZ ownership on request.
- Participants are authorised to use the course materials solely for the purposes of undertaking the course.
- Participants may utilise BOINZ course materials for their own personal study and educational purposes only, and BOINZ grants the participant a limited, non-exclusive licence for these purposes. This licence does not include a right to:
- use, reproduce, duplicate, modify, alter, adapt, or amend any such course materials or any of the underlying materials in any way, whether directly or indirectly;
- assert ownership or rights in respect of any course materials and/or;
- disseminate, distribute, or provide course materials to any third party, including within a participant's organisation and/or to a participant's employer.
- Without limiting clause 20 in these terms and conditions, participants shall not copy (electronically or in hard copy) any of the course materials or any part of the course materials, or share the course materials or any part of the course materials with any other person.
- Participants shall be liable for any and all loss or damage which may be caused to BOINZ by:
- the participant's storage, use, or sharing, of the course materials or part thereof; and;
- the storage, use, or sharing, of the course materials or part thereof, by any other person where that person acquires the course materials from the participant or via access to the participant's account where that access was achieved due to an act or omission by the participant
- Without prejudice to clause 22 in these terms and conditions, the participant indemnifies and keeps indemnified BOINZ from and against all costs, claims, demands, liabilities, expenses (including legal expenses), damages or losses arising out of or in connection with any act, omission, default, or breach of its obligations to BOINZ, in respect of the course materials.
Limitation of Liability
- While all reasonable care will be taken in the preparation of the course materials, BOINZ accepts no liability whatsoever for any consequence (direct or indirect) as a result of the use of the course materials. The participant indemnifies BOINZ (and BOINZ officers, employees and agents) from any liabilities, claims, costs, loss (including consequential loss) or damage suffered or caused by reason of the participants use of the course materials.
- BOINZ's websites may contain links to other websites or resources over which BOINZ do not have control (External Websites). BOINZ are not responsible for, and make no representations or warranties in relation to, the content of such External Websites, and such links do not constitute an endorsement by BOINZ of the content contained in those External Websites. A participant's use of External Websites is at their own risk and is subject to the terms and conditions of use and privacy policies located on those External Websites.
Information and Privacy
- BOINZ will make reasonable efforts to keep any information on participants secure and to ensure BOINZ employees or agents who have access to this information do not conduct any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
- For the purpose of facilitating the efficient running of BOINZ, the participant authorises BOINZ:
- to collect all information BOINZ may require from any third parties and the participant authorises those third parties to release that information to BOINZ;
- to hold all information given by a participant or any third parties to BOINZ; and
- to use that information, including giving information to any other person to facilitate collection of debts from a participant.
- The information will be collected, held and used on the condition that:
- BOINZ will use reasonable endeavours to hold it securely; and
- it will be accessible to any of the BOINZ employees and agents who need access to it for the efficient running of BOINZ; and
- a participant may request access to and correction of it at any time.
- BOINZ may send a participant information such as newsletters, updates and other material that may be relevant or of interest to a participant. Unless a participant informs BOINZ otherwise, BOINZ will assume that the participant agrees to receive this information.
Waiver and Forbearance
- All BOINZ's rights will remain in full force despite any delay in enforcement under these terms and conditions. BOINZ will not be deemed to have waived any right unless that waiver is in writing and signed by a duly authorised officer of BOINZ. Any waiver will apply only to the particular matter in respect of which it is given.
- BOINZ and the participant agree that these terms express the complete agreement between them in relation to the relevant online course. There has been no representation made by either party to the other except as expressly set out in these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.