30 Duke Street
PH: 03 477 5360
TA012 H1 Energy EFFICIENCY
This course will provide an understanding of the mechanics of heat transfer and how to provide insulation of various types to ensure a building provides a safe and warm environment that is energy efficient and meets the requirements of the New Zealand Building Code (NZBC).
The course outlines and explains the various means available to establish compliance with NZBC clause H1. It will also provide the information necessary for the efficient use of energy for heating and the efficient storage of hot water and the efficient use of energy for artificial lighting and meet compliance through the use of the Acceptable Solution.
A student will be able to apply this knowledge in assessing designs for compliance and also be able to ensure that the energy efficient design is faithfully implemented on site to ensure compliance of the completed construction.
This course has been designed to provide the underpinning knowledge and understanding for unit standards 24171 for Clause H1 Energy Efficiency in the New Zealand Building Code.
- Building Controls and Efficiency
- How Energy Insulation Works
- The Schedule Method
- Verifying the R-value of building components
- The Calculation Method
- BPI for Housing and ALF
- Modelling methods
- Hot Water
- Artifical Lighting
Click here to view the Recommended Reading for this course.
When registering for events:
- If you want to register several people or somebody else, other than yourself, for an event, simply click on the "Click here to register on behalf of others or several people for this event" link. You will then be walked through how to complete the registration/s.
- If you are simply registering yourself, and have logged in to your own profile "Click here to register yourself (only) for this event" link.
- If you have any queries about the registration process, please feel free to contact the Training Academy's Education and Training Manager on 04 473 6003.