TA013 E2 WEATHERTIGHTNESS
The NZ economy has just experienced one of the worst construction disasters in its history. This disaster was caused by lack of understanding and lack of application of the clause E2 Weathertightness.
This course will provide an understanding of the mechanics of water and the application of these principles ensuring compliance with E2 to make buildings weathertight.
- This course is a must attend for all practitioners involved in the building industry.
This course has been designed to provide the underpinning knowledge and understanding for unit standards 24167 and Clause E2 of the New Zealand Building Code.
- Building Controls and Weathertightness
- The New Zealand Environment and Water Entry
- Defence Mechanisms – the four Ds
- Identifying Risk
- Flashings, Capping's and Decks
- Wall Claddings
- Alternative Solutions