NEW in 2023 - 1 Day - NZS4229 Concrete Masonry Building not Requiring Specific Engineering Design - Online Zoom
TA009 NZS4229:2013 CONCRETE MASONRY BUILDINGS NOT REQUIRING SPECIFIC ENGINEERING DESIGN
As one of the main construction methods for low-rise buildings along with timber frame construction, an understanding of the principles and requirements of concrete masonry is an essential part of building surveying knowledge.
This course will provide an understanding of the content of the NZS 4229:2013 and NZS 4210:2001 and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure compliance of a completed concrete masonry construction.
- Scope and Interpretation
- Building Controls
- Inspection and Workmanship
- Site Requirements
- Masonry Walls
- Bond Beams, Lintels and Columns
- Footings, Foundation Walls and Concrete Slab on Ground
- Masonry Construction and Testing
- Glossary of Terms
PRE - REQUISITE:
It is a pre requisite that you would have completed the BOINZ NZS 3604 before doing this course if you have any queries around this don't hesitate to contact us, there may also be reading required during the course.
Click hereto view the Recommended Reading for this course.
When registering for events:
- If you want to register several people or somebody else, other than yourself, for an event, simply click on the "Click here to register on behalf of others or several people for this event" link. You will then be walked through how to complete the registration/s.
- If you are simply registering yourself, and have logged in to your own profile "Click here to register yourself (only) for this event" link.
- If you have any queries about the registration process, please feel free to contact the Training Academy's Education and Training Manager on 04 473 6003.