450 Tristram Street
PH: 07 838 1010
TA020 BEGINNERS FIRE DOCUMENTS
This comprehensive 2-day course begins with online learning's and a pre-course knowledge assessment. This is followed by a face to face 2-day workshop that provides participants with a thorough understanding of Fire Documents C/AS1 & C/AS2. The course will also include working systems (Clause F7) understanding.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Recall the relevant NZ Building Code clauses for fire safety
- Have confidence in applying the Acceptable Solutions to any building
- Navigate throughout C/AS1 & C/AS2, recall how it works and what is in it
- Follow a plan processing checking sequence
- Apply the requirements of C/AS1 & C/AS2 to plan processing scenarios
- Apply the requirements of C/AS1 & C/AS2 to site inspections
- Know when a solution is outside the Acceptable Solutions.
- Building Code
- Part 1: General
- Part 2: Firecells, fire safety systems and Fire Resistance Ratings
- Part 3: Means of Escape
- Part 4: Control of internal fire and smoke spread
- Part 5: Control of external fire spread
- Part 6: Fire fighting
- Part 7: Preventing fire occurring
- Design Review Unit
- Alternative and Change of Use
Day two of this course brings the learnings to life with a practical component involving a case study where participants go through a scenario and assess a building for all aspects above. This involves valuable learning where theory is consolidated into a real- life example.
In Class Assessment - Certificate of Achievement - 12 CPD Points
Click here to view the Recommended Reading for this course.
- If you want to register several people or somebody else, other than yourself, for an event, simply click on the "Click here to register on behalf of others or several people for this event" link. You will then be walked through how to complete the registration/s.
- If you are simply registering yourself, and have logged in to your own profile "Click here to register yourself (only) for this event" link.
- If you have any queries about the registration process, please feel free to contact the Training Academy's Education and Training Manager on 04 473 6003.