Becoming a member of BOINZ signals your commitment to the Building Control Surveying profession and your career. The education, learning and networking opportunities BOINZ provides will add value to your organisation and personal success by helping you develop professional skills and knowledge and reflect your commitment to professionalising the sector.
Access to professional information and publications
- Branch Meetings are held regularly and involve technical presentations, training workshops, site visits and networking opportunities
- Regular E-News Updates keep members up to date about the latest industry developments
- Straight Up Magazine (quarterly) is designed with building control professionals in mind
- BOINZ Website publishes news and media releases and is member's access to resources
- Technical Discussion Forum – a place where members can connect with other members, ask questions and share ideas and knowledge. The ‘Winstones Wallboards Technical Help’ thread is monitored by GIB technical experts for advice at your finger tips
Training, Upskilling and Continuous Professional Development
- Training Academy - supports the qualification of BCOs and ongoing training requirements. Our NZQA approved courses will help fill any gaps needed to complete the Diploma in Building Control Surveying.
- Up skilling - courses are constantly being sourced and developed as the role of a Building Control Surveyor progresses
- Continuous Professional Development courses, seminars and workshops from a range of related industry organisations
- The Institute's Annual Conference and Expo and Senior Building Control Officers' Forum are the peak industry events for building control professionals
Discounted Member Access to
- Membership Discount Card gives members access to a range of discounts at leading suppliers including Bunnings, Noel Leeming, PlaceMakers, Carters, Dulux, Office Max, Repco, VTNZ and Hertz
- Training Academy courses
- Annual Conference and Expo
- Senior Building Control Officers' Forum
- "Building Controls Essentials" Fundamental Legislative Handbook (updated yearly)
Kiwi FuelCard Offer
- Accredited Building Surveyors Programme - show your commitment to quality pre purchase home inspections and become accredited
- HR Division - use our Situations Vacant page to keep updated on job opportunities or use our services to find the right recruitment for your building control division needs
The Institute is constantly working on the behalf of members to ensure the voice of Building Control professionals is heard, ensuring the future of the Building Sector as a whole is working towards professionalism and quality building outcomes for all New Zealanders.
Our advocacy role works to protect the reputation of our profession through setting and maintaining professional standards and lifting the exposure of Building Control work with the public and its importance to the New Zealand economy.
Click here to View our Submissions