TA008 NZS3604:2011 TIMBER-FRAMED BUILDINGS
The majority of building's built in NZ are low rise timber framed buildings, therefore making it essential for Building Surveyors, designers, builders and other involved in the built environment to have a thorough working knowledge of this document and its implications.
This course gives Building Surveyors an understanding of the Acceptable Solution for timber framed buildings to enable them to process building consent applications and carry out inspections.
Designers and Builders attending this course will be able to prove a compliant and efficient building. The successful completion of this course will deliver tools for operational efficiencies and effectiveness within their respective work environments.
This course has been designed to provide the underpinning knowledge and understanding for unit standard 24162, Clause B1 of the New Zealand Building Code and NZ Standard NZS 3604.
- Building Controls and NZS 3604
- Site Requirements
- Bracing Design
- Foundations and Subfloor Framing
- Roof Framing
- Remaining Requirements
Click here to view the Recommended Reading for this course.
When registering for events:
- If you want to register several people or somebody else, other than yourself, for an event, simply click on the "Click here to register on behalf of others or several people for this event" link. You will then be walked through how to complete the registration/s.
- If you are simply registering yourself, and have logged in to your own profile "Click here to register yourself (only) for this event" link.
- If you have any queries about the registration process, please feel free to contact the Training Academy's Education and Training Manager on 04 473 6003.