450 Tristram Street
PH: 07 838 1010
TA002 BUILDING CONTROLS
Building Control knowledge and the application of that knowledge is critical to the effective decision making process in building surveying.
This course will give those starting out in building surveying and others involved in the building industry an understanding of the “Big Picture” in terms of the building environment, local government and private sector building controls, agencies, people and jargon.
This course is also a valuable refresher tool to provide up to date information and understanding to those already practicing in building surveying. Participants will identify areas of responsibility in building surveying. (TA’S, BCA’s, Building Owners, LBP’s and MBIE)
This course will give participants the ability to navigate the legislation applicable to building and construction requirements, including NZ Building Code, compliance documents, standards, technical literature, approvals, terminations and other documentation required to carry out the building control function.
This course has been designed to provide the underpinning knowledge and understanding for unit standard 22698 and unit standard 24161.
- Building Control Legislation and Requirements
- Related Legislation
- Other Agencies
- Agents with Delegated Authority
- Building Code Compliance
- Introductions to Building Warrants of Fitness (BWoF) and Compliance Schedules (CS)
- Notice to Fix
- Introduction to Dangerous, Affected or Insanitary and Earthquake Prone Buildings
- Change of Use and Alterations
Click here to view the Recommended Reading for this course.
When registering for events:
- If you want to register several people or somebody else, other than yourself, for an event, simply click on the "Click here to register on behalf of others or several people for this event" link. You will then be walked through how to complete the registration/s.
- If you are simply registering yourself, and have logged in to your own profile "Click here to register yourself (only) for this event" link.
- If you have any queries about the registration process, please feel free to contact the Training Academy's Education and Training Manager on 04 473 6003.