Accreditation is the ultimate risk management tool.
This course ensures participants have knowledge, understanding and a capacity to contribute effectively within a Building Control Authority.
This course has been designed to provide the underpinning knowledge and understanding for unit standard 24160.
- Building Act 2004
- BCA accreditation and registration scheme.
- Building (Accreditation of BCAs) Regulations 2006.
- Building (Registration of BCAs) Regulations 2007
- Roles and responsibilities:
- Building Consent Authorities (BCA)
- Building Consent Accreditation Body (IANZ)
- Ministry of Business, innovation & Employment
The Accreditation Process:
- 6 Step process
- Registration requirements
- Continuing, routine and ongoing assessment
- Routine audits
- Special assessment
- Revocation of accreditation
- Appeals and complaints procedures.
When registering for events:
- If you want to register several people or somebody else, other than yourself, for an event, simply click on the "Click here to register on behalf of others or several people for this event" link. You will then be walked through how to complete the registration/s.
- If you are simply registering yourself, and have logged in to your own profile "Click here to register yourself (only) for this event" link.
- If you have any queries about the registration process, please feel free to contact the Training Academy's Education and Training Manager on 04 473 6003.