TA020 FIRE DOCUMENTS: CODE CLAUSE C PROTECTION FROM FIRE C/AS1 - C/AS7
The objectives of this course are to deliver a thorough understanding of the purpose and application of the Acceptable solutions C/AS1 & C/AS2, the fire Design review process and the Change of Use provisions. The course will also provide an appreciation of the Verification Method C/VM2 and its application.
This course will allow the attendee to use the Acceptable Solutions for design for fire safety and review designs submitted using these acceptable solutions. To understand the purpose and outcomes of a Fire Design Review and Change of Use provisions, participate in the Fire Engineering Brief process required to develop a Fire Design to C/VM2, understand this design process and assess the competencies of those providing PS1 and PS2 Producer Statements.
The course will also include working systems (Clause F7) understanding.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Recall the relevant NZ Building Code clauses for fire safety
- Have confidence in applying the Acceptable Solutions to any building
- Navigate throughout C/AS1 & C/AS2, recall how it works and what is in it
- Follow a plan processing checking sequence
- Apply the requirements of C/AS1 & C/AS2 to plan processing scenarios
- Apply the requirements of C/AS1 & C/AS2 to site inspections
- Know when a solution is outside the Acceptable Solutions.
- Building Code
- Part 1: General
- Part 2: Firecells, fire safety systems and Fire Resistance Ratings
- Part 3: Means of Escape
- Part 4: Control of internal fire and smoke spread
- Part 5: Control of external fire spread
- Part 6: Fire fighting
- Part 7: Preventing fire occurring
- Design Review Unit
- Alternative and Change of Use
This course has been designed to provide the underpinning knowledge and understanding for unit standard 24165 and Clauses C1 - C6 of the New Zealand Building Code.
Click here to view the Recommended Reading for this course.
New Format of TA020 Fire Documents Course
This change of The TA020 Fire Documents course is part of the continual improvements underway for the Institute to deliver time and cost effective training while retaining quality outcomes. Our TA020 Fire Documents course is the first to be run under a new hybrid online + face-to-face delivery mechanism. The new hybrid format retains all previous course content and learning but will require attendees to complete an online module ahead of a reduced face-to-face component, wrapped up with the course assessment now being done online also. In the case of the TA020 Fire Documents course the face-to-face component has been reduced from 3 to 2 days which is reflected in the 2 days now showing in our online Training Calendar.