ADV020: Advance Fire Course
The 2012 building code changes included quantified performance and fire engineering technical terminology to support Verification Method C/VM2. The Advanced Fire Compliance course provides a more advanced view of the NZBC C1-C6 Protection from Fire and C/VM2. The course provides an understanding of Fire Compliance beyond the TA020 course, explaining requirements and mechanics of C/VM2, and NZBC C1-C6. The advanced course is suitable for anyone dealing with designs beyond the Acceptable Solutions or alterations to existing buildings, who needs to understand the Building Code for Protection from fire to help with ANARP or alternative solution decisions. While not strictly a pre-requisite, successful completion of the TA020 course is highly recommended.
- In depth view at Building Code C1-C6 Performance Requirements
- Discussion on fire engineering terminology used in NZBC and C/VM2
- Overview of Verification Method C/VM2
- Discussion on C/VM2 10 Design Scenarios
- Fire engineering design methods for ASET/RSET analysis