Accreditation is the ultimate risk management tool.
This course ensures participants have knowledge, understanding and a capacity to contribute effectively within a Building Control Authority.
This course has been designed to provide the underpinning knowledge and understanding for unit standard 24160.
- Building Act 2004
- BCA accreditation and registration scheme.
- Building (Accreditation of BCAs) Regulations 2006.
- Building (Registration of BCAs) Regulations 2007
- Roles and responsibilities:
- Building Consent Authorities (BCA)
- Building Consent Accreditation Body (IANZ)
- Ministry of Business, innovation & Employment
The Accreditation Process:
- 6 Step process
- Registration requirements
- Continuing, routine and ongoing assessment
- Routine audits
- Special assessment
- Revocation of accreditation
- Appeals and complaints procedures.