Industry Call for Submissions
The Institute is constantly working on the behalf of members to ensure the voice of Building Control professionals is heard, ensuring the future of the Building Sector as a whole is working towards professionalism and quality building outcomes for all New Zealanders.
Our advocacy role works to protect the reputation of our profession through setting and maintaining professional standards and lifting the exposure of Building Control work with the public and its importance to the New Zealand economy.
Please click on the links below to download submissions placed by the Institute on behalf of members.
- BOINZ Submission to MBIE: BOINZ Submission to the Consultation - Amendments to Acceptable Solutions and Verification Methods 2019/1 (5 April 2019)
- BOINZ Submission to Standards New Zealand: StandardsNZ Submission regarding DZ8510: Testing and Decontamination of Methamphetamine Contaminated Properties
- MBIE Summary of Submissions: Building Consent Authority accreditation scheme review - Summary of submissions (May 2016 - PDF 988KB)
- BOINZ Submission: Proposal to change the occupational regulation of engineers in New Zealand (22 Oct 2014 - PDF 85KB)
- BOINZ Submission to MBIE: Making Pool Safety easier - proposed changes to the Fencing of Swimming Pools Act 1987 (15 May 2013 - PDF 167KB)
- BOINZ Submission to MBIE: Standards and Conformance Infrastructure Review (26 April 2013 - PDF 74.5KB)
- BOINZ Submission to MBIE: Updating and Streamlining Building Consent Authority Accreditation (25 March 2013 - PDF 138KB)
- BOINZ Submission to MBIE: Building Seismic Performance (12 March 2013 - PDF 392KB)
- BOINZ Submission to the Law Commission: Review of the Joint Several Liability Submission (15 February 2013 - PDF 53KB)