Industry Call for Submissions
The Institute is constantly working on the behalf of members to ensure the voice of Building Control professionals is heard, ensuring the future of the Building Sector as a whole is working towards professionalism and quality building outcomes for all New Zealanders.
Our advocacy role works to protect the reputation of our profession through setting and maintaining professional standards and lifting the exposure of Building Control work with the public and its importance to the New Zealand economy.
Please click on the links below to download submissions placed by the Institute on behalf of members.
- The Earth Building Association of New Zealand (EBANZ) "Promoting the art and science of earth and natural building" will be holding its annual conference at Kawai Purapura, in Albany over the weekend of October 27-28th 2018. The theme of the conference this year is Urban Earth.
- StandardsNZ Submission regarding DZ8510: Testing and Decontamination of Methamphetamine Contaminated Properties
- Making Pool Safety easier - proposed changes to the Fencing of Swimming Pools Act 1987 (15 May 2013 - PDF 167KB)
- Standards and Conformance Infrastructure Review (26 April 2013 - PDF 74.5KB)
- Updating and Streamlining Building Consent Authority Accreditation (25 March 2013 - PDF 138KB)
- Building Seismic Performance (12 March 2013 - PDF 392KB)
- Review of the Joint Several Liability Submission (15 February 2013 - PDF 53KB)