- Is Membership Open to everyone? Membership of the Institute is open to all individuals, companies, and/or organisations that are engaged in or have an interest in any of the fields within the scope of the Institute's Objectives. To view our membership types and their individual requirements, please click here
- How long will it take to process my membership? Upon submission, your membership application will be presented to the Institute's Board for approval which occurs at the end of every month. Processing of applications can take up to 3 - 4 weeks, depending on the date of receipt in the National Office.
- When will my membership commence? Your Building Officials Institute of New Zealand Membership will commence as soon as you are both approved by the Board and have made the required payment.
- When will my Membership Pack be sent to me? Once approved and payment has been made, your new membership pack will be sent to you which will include your membership cash discount card, certificate of membership and recent issues of our Straight Up Journal. Information on our Training Academy and a Membership Benefit Booklet will also be included.
- If my application is declined, will I receive full reimbursement? Yes. Should, for any reason, your application for membership be declined, full reimbursement will be actioned.
- When do my membership fees commence? Membership fees commence from the month you are approved by the board and cover the period until the following 31 December. Prior to 1 January each year you are automatically invoiced for the next year's membership fees at the rate when applying (unless the rates have otherwise been approved and passed at an Institute's AGM).
- When are invoices due for payment? All memberships must be fully paid and up to date by the 20th of the following month of which you are invoiced, unless prior arrangement has been agreed as approved by the Chief Executive of the Building Officials Institute of New Zealand. If your membership invoice is not paid within 3 months of the original date of the invoice and all efforts to contact the member have proved fruitless, your membership with the Institute will be terminated.
- Are Memberships Refundable? Once approved, Memberships are non-refundable.
- Can I transfer my Membership to someone else? Memberships are non-transferable.
- I work in the Property Inspection field, what is my pathway for membership? Individuals interested in gaining membership with BOINZ who work in the Property Inspection field are directed to the Accredited Building Surveyor Programme as the only means of attaining membership to practice in property inspection with the Institute. To find out more about the Accredited Building Surveyor Programme, please click here
Page updated 11 September 2015