Call for Papers Now Open!
The Building Officials Institute of New Zealand is excited to announce that the Call for Papers for the 2022 BOINZ Annual Conference & Expo is now open!
Next year's Annual Conference & Expo will be held at the Energy Events Centre in Rotorua from 29 May - 1 June 2022, making it our 55th Annual Conference.
The Institute invites all those who are interested in submitting an abstract to fill out the Abstract Submission form here.
We are looking to build a technical programme across the building surveying spectrum that encompasses a range of relevant industry issues, experiences, solutions and innovations that will give delegates, including our stakeholder colleagues, an opportunity to gain further insight, knowledge and expertise with the goal to develop their skills as professionals in their fields.
If you have a topic, presentation or research which would be a great fit in our technical programme, we want to hear from you.
The Technical Committee invites you to submit an abstract based on the following programme topics:
- Plumbing & Drainage
- Fire/Fire Regulations
- Product and Process Innovation
- Future Visions/Future Technology
- Climate Change/Sustainability
- Workshop Suggestions/Ideas
- Special Interest/Other
Once the call for papers submission period has closed, the Events Technical Committee will meet to discuss the merits of individual submissions for presentations and workshops.
Additionally, if you have any creative ideas that might step outside of the concept of a presentation, give Katie a call on 04 4736005 to discuss your idea.
We are accepting submissions for Call for Papers until Friday 5 November 2021 and authors are asked to submit the following to the Institute’s office:
- Application Submission Form
- Up to a 300 word abstract of your proposed paper
- A short career history and background for your Speaker Profile
- A photo of yourself for our conference collateral
- A commitment to personally present the paper at the conference (pending paper acceptance)
- Call for Papers Open: 01 October 2021
- Submission of Abstract Due: 05 November 2021
- Preliminary Acceptance of Papers: 03 December 2021
- Conference Technical Programme Dates: 30 May 2022 - 1 June 2022